Have a go at making your own Blueberry Muffins :
300g Self Raising Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
60g Butter (softened)
90g Caster Sugar
Lemon Zest (1 Lemon)
300ml Whole Milk
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees/Gas mark 6. Line a muffin baking tray with paper muffin cases.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour & baking powder & mix together. Add the butter & mix together using fingertips so that this resembles a crumble mixture. Add the lemon zest, sugar & blueberries & mix together.
- In a jug combine the eggs & milk & mix well. Pour the mixture into dry muffin mix & combine together.
- Divide the mixture evenly into the muffin cases filling them 3/4 full.
- Pop in the oven for 20-25 mins until golden brown and risen well.
- Remove from the oven & leave to cool for 5 mins on a cooling rack.
- Serve with a hot cup of tea or coffee